Monday, August 14, 2006

Which do you think I should wear for the Englishman? The red, or the blue?

VERY uneventful weekend...well, except when I opened at the Angelika and one of the platter systems totally failed to take up the print. It was kinda neat in a way, cause I had to take apart the power supply and remove the take up control card and replace it with a new one. We actually HAD new ones, so I didn't have to take one out of the brains and transform it. I had no idea how to do this previously; it was all done while on the phone with one of the more seasoned projectionists...and it would have been even loads better if I hadn't had to cancel a show of Scoop. Just doin' my part for Little Miss Sunshine (which they all opted to see instead)...but it did get fixed and hot damn was that exciting.

Then I broke down some trailers and read The Nasty Bits.

Off today, made a trip up to Denton which I don't get to do often enough...D opened at work so he wasn't the happiest of campers...got home and packed (gee, how exciting)...started season 4 of The West Wing, it's ploddingly along decently...except they had to kill the special agent that CJ was dating...holy balls isn't this woman allowed to date someone for more than one episode?? It's annoying.

The apartment is looking slowly emptier. Tomorrow I need to line up a reverend, rings (actually order them), make sure my lender faxes her appraisal to my insurance agent, line up cable and movers for the last week in August, double check that all will be done by closing time especially the foundation repairs...hmm...I guess that'll do for tomorrow. And you know, keep packing.

I have been downloading and enjoying Cool Shite (too lazy to link, bite me, I'll mention it later) on the Tube to amuse me. LOVED their review of American Psycho. And the Bollywood blow-by-blow was, uh, interesting...but good shit nonetheless. But what the bloody fuck was up with that bullshit question "Do Americans get irony or sarcasm?" It takes an incredible lot to offend me, and while I'm certainly no fan of the general American population, I still found the question insipid and insulting. Not unlike one of us asking, "Why do those weirdos over there have those funny accents?" I had to roll my eyes, suck it in and just keep listening. Wankers.

D's finishing up Terror Train, which I introduced him to a couple Halloweens ago. Can't believe he'd never seen it. Great stuff. Hopefully maybe he'll write it up on Big Suck Loser...

It's not even 10:30 but I am just that lame. And tired. Going to hit the Bourdain book and pass out.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for mentioning us on your blog! We love it when whatever we say provokes chat and/or flaming. How ironic that you didn't get the sarcasm in the question...

Cheers!

Dion

dion@coolshite.net

Ellen Aim said...

*slaps Dion with a bit of trout*

Mob said...

I've been tempted to write and say yes, we get sarcasm, usually directed at us from foreigners.

With all our technoligical advances, I'd give my soul for a damned sarcasm font.

Ellen Aim said...

Right the fuck on, my friend. Make that two souls for the sarcastic font!

Mob said...

And I'd like to see your screen name changed to 'Troutslapper', that'd make me giggle like a little kid at every turn.

Ellen Aim said...

If I keep getting spanked by cool shite, I just might!