Tuesday, August 15, 2006

I developed that cynicism the day I discovered I was different from little boys!

Today dragged on endlessly, I came home and packed, wow. I did watch Inside Man, and while it was well done and I suppose I enjoyed it, it didn't really do a whole lot for me. And it had Clive Owen. He and Jodie Foster were in it about two minutes a pop and while the whole film had a deliberate pace, it did just kinda plod along. It was clever in its way, but nowhere near astounding. I expected more...shit, more of Clive Owen would have made me happy enough, but I didn't even get that. Eh. It goes on my list of good Spike Lee movies, so now that list has extended to two.

Cinematographer Mark forwarded me a really awful video I think I'll have to share. This guy ran up his parents' credit card bills nine years ago and bankrupted them on a 16mm film he made. Obviously it went nowhere. No one really heard from him ever again...until someone found this...(uh, it gets pretty disgusting toward the end, I could have done without the last bit; consider yourself warned).



So that is what some people do with their time.

Naturally I forwarded it to Chris and Dion at Cool Shite and inquired as to whether or not this was an accurate depiction of Australians.

I really was going to cook tonight, I was. Enchiladas. I admit I am looking into the future and other than opening a bottle of wine, I see myself doing sweet fuck all in the kitchen.

I'm trying to bump things into groups on my Netflix queue, so the three films I've got up next would be Niagra (1953), Gentlemen Prefer Blondes (1953), and Don't Bother to Knock (1952). I'm not a Monroe fan (obviously, or I would have seen them by now), except for her little cameo in All About Eve, which is pretty much a perfect movie. But I figure I should see them, what the hell. And they are supposedly good movies in their own right, and as good as her acting gets.

The good faith estimate arrived from the lender, lots and lots of thousands of dollars...I've just become numb to the idea that we're shelling out thousands of dollars. She's getting the appraisal done and hopefully stepping back from the ditsy pills long enough to actually fax it to the insurance people. Assuming all goes well, Monday is Closing Day. I tried to set-up cable for Thursday, so surely something will go wrong...I think I could spend the rest of my life quite happily without cable, but I know how much D wants it. And honestly, the incentive of being able to watch House, M.D. on a weekly basis in my living room is plenty good enough for me.

1 comment:

Veloute said...

Nice video. I'm going to go spork my eyes out now. If only I could spork my brain out.