Wednesday, August 09, 2006

A man in a really nice camper wants to put our song on the radio!

Ok, before I forget, Alex sent me this fantastic site which asks the question, Is Garfield Dead? The great part is I remember these comic strips but not the little lecture at the very end. Being young at the time, I found them odd but not as totally fucked up as I do now. D said the same thing Alex wondered, "Did Jim Davis's dealer sell him some really bad shit that week?" Wikipedia even mentions it in their Garfield entry:

Alternatively, some theorize that the end of this storyline actually
implies that the rest of the series, the more conventional strips, are
all fantasies Garfield is playing out in his head to delude himself
from realizing the dark turn his life has taken, as he slowly starves
to death in an abandoned house. This is arguably supported by the
text, as right before Jon and Odie reappear, the narration reads:

"After years of taking life for granted, Garfield is shaken by a
horrifying vision of the inevitable process called 'time.' He has only
one weapon...denial..."


Uh, I never put that much thought into Garfield before. Dude.

On a completely different note, I just bought a Twix from the candy machine here at work. It's so disgusting in Texas that my Twix has seen far better days. If my Twix had been in Raiders of the Lost Ark, it would have been the guy whose face melted off. And yes, I ate it anyway.

I almost forgot to mention the excitement I witnessed this weekend, that only Mentos and Diet Coke can provide. I was out at my friend's new house in Arlington he'd just bought, and suffice it to say that those there (having moved all his crap earlier that day) had been drinking long before I arrived. Without the cap, it just makes the most incredible geyser, best appreciated (I assume) while three sheets to the wind.

And speaking of houses in Arlington, the next step is taken! They are going to fix the foundation...and nothing else! Can't say I really care, that's fine. Everything else is stuff I'm happy to learn to fix myself, plus I plan on cleaning the shit outta that place before moving in anyway. I may need paternal assistance with fixing the flashings on the roof (as he's done it before on the family house), but my biggest concern at this point is, how do you get a damn big ladder from Home Depot to your house? Next time, on Homebuying Adventures. Surely they have some that, like, fold? Or assemble?

So I have no idea what the next step is, all I know is, I'm not paying for the foundation fixins! Whew.

No comments: