Tuesday, December 18, 2007

My boyfriend wears one when we have sex and it makes his junk smell like pie.

We got some of our Oscarly duties out of the way yesterday, beginning with Juno.



Now I realize I'm just starting to get caught up on my 2007 films, but oh how wonderful this film was. My favorite of the year so far. So cute, great lines, great soundtrack, cute and endearing and every time it approached a trite opportunity it went the other way. I totally recommend and plan to buy it as soon as it comes out.

Best thing I've seen in AGES. D was in complete agreement and adored it.

And then, we went to see Margot at the Wedding. We definitely have (mostly) different feelings about this one.



I really respect the film, it was incredibly well done. Bleak as shit, not a likable person in the whole movie, pretty damn depressing. Full of neuroses and people inflicting more insanity on those around them. It would make a great Christmas movie for dysfunctional families (put things in perspective?)...

D loathed it immensely and infact cannot discuss the movie without it pissing him off all over again. I really appreciated it though I don't think I need to see it again. Though I did think a lot about it afterwards and still am...

This is from Noah Baumbach, who went from Kicking and Screaming and Mr. Jealousy to 2005's The Squid and the Whale. If you saw Squid, this is ten times more depressing. I kinda liked the ending, the more I think about it.

Obviously, D did not have a dad who inflicted Ingmar Bergman films on him over the years.

We also saw two previews for Sweeney Todd, which I am starting to salivate rapidly over. My dad sent me this link this morning, just to taunt...it's going to be so amazing...

2 comments:

Veloute said...

Okay, adding Juno! I can't wait to see Sweeney Todd. It just sounds so...unusual.

Ellen Aim said...

Juno is just perfect. And I'm not even afraid to have HIGH EXPECTATIONS for Sweeney Todd! Ooooh.