Saturday, August 19, 2006

Sporks.

So we just got back from Snakes on a Plane. Holy. BALLS. I was expecting good time fun, but DAAAAAAAAAAMN. I wasn't ready for it to throw down and taunt that 'R' rating it got!! (No spoilers, I promise). From the very first snake encounter on down to the bizarre credits, it was never ordinary. And NOTHING was sacred--everything was fair game. Things that normally make you think, "Oh, they're not going to do that..." OH. They DID.

I wanna go see it again! And I can't say I'd necessarily own it, I'm actually getting a large part of my enjoyment from the audience reactions. And maybe the second time wouldn't be so great, but the whole thing is just so shocking and fun. Great pace, they get right to it--seriously, this movie was totally made by people who knew what they like to watch in an action/gore type flick. Very good stuff, I absolutely loved it.

I hate to post a review on BSL because I'm petrified of giving anything away; plus I told D he could have it.

All that needs to be said about Snakes On a Plane is that it could not have been done better. It is the silliest, most ridiculous movie ever--but it has so much fun and it knows exactly what it is. And I would love to mention all the perfect touches, but I don't want to spoil it.

2 comments:

Triana said...

Check out www.blanksonablank.com. The Alamo sponsored a parody contest for Snakes on a Plane and there's some really good ones. My husband's coworkers did Scorpions on a Custom Van.

Ellen Aim said...

Omfg, lmgdao.

LOVED the sound the raccoon made when it hit the wall.

I miss the Alamo!!