Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Teenage Suicide. Don't Do It.

Moving suuuuuuuuuuuuuucks. Don't do it.

I did get a ton of it done yesterday. We took apart the Hoosier, I bubble wrapped the antique bookcase and my desk (though I do need to research how best to move the rear projector TV, groooooooan). Lots of shite boxed...still pretty much the whole kitchen to do. Moving right along, though I seem to nearing the end of my boxes.

I like to think I'm not that stressed, but then again, I did call a 'flamingo' a 'kangaroo' yesterday.

Yeah, when you were at the bar you were saying 'diaphragm' instead of 'diploma.'

Which reminds me, my Criterion Collection Kicking and Screaming should be arriving today. Finally. My head projectionist friend Jeremy and I are taking it up to work to screen it on the DLP projector on the big screen at the theatre. Sweeeeeeeeet. So very much looking forward to it.

Supposedly, in less than 24 hours, we will have closed on the house. Supposedly. Any second now someone is going to call me with some bullshit and it is going to be the least biggest surprise ever. Or worse, Sam will call with everything completed and he'll have the number for me--you know, the amount of money we'll need to have at closing. I think I need to take a Xanax or a shot before that phone call.

Ok, it's later...and we are paying a LOT less at closing than I expected. It's actually the fault of my lender--she forgot the seller credits back that year's taxes so far, which she did not factor in. She also misunderstood the amount we wanted to put down. (We wanted to put down more, but at this point, fuck it.) At the end of the day, though, the monthly payment is where we want it, the down payment is fuckin' great, and in five years we'll refinance anyway.

Time to start perusing online for good champagne suggestions...(D doesn't drink champagne, but no one said I was sharing anyway). I'll pick up some Lambic for him, he'll be happy.

And best of all? Today is Dumbshit Fuckwit's last day here in the lab. No, he did not get fired, he's just going off to school. Whatever works, whatever does it. Thank fuck. Now if only the B&W lab would fire that creepy shit delivery guy. *skincrawls*

2 comments:

4 Non Blogs said...

Congrats and good luck to you both on the house. I know it's like mainlining a big ole syringe of stress. Of course, lucky for me my wife reads every little detail and over-analyses everything. I'm the, "Ok, where do I sign?" guy. Which reminds me, bring some ice for your writing hand. You gotta sign your name like a million times.

Ellen Aim said...

Thank you!

I wish I knew enough about the whole thing to be more like your wife. Instead, we're both like you. And boy is it sunny and blissful over here!!

But even the title chick was impressed by the rate we got.