Friday, July 21, 2006

Oooh! Navy Seals!

Morning of outright luxury--stopped both at Starbucks and Chick-Fil-A. And the same guy with personality was there. However, it should be noted: one time it's personality, two times it's creepy. It didn't have to be creepy, but it was.

Me: "Can I get some Polynesian sauce, too?"
Ew: "Sure, is three gonna be fine for you?"
Me: "Sure, three's fine."
Ew: "As fine as you?"

I shit you not. And then somewhere in between shocked and appalled, I heard myself say, "I hope so."

What the fuck does it mean to be as fine as (cheap-ass) sweet & sour sauce, anyway??

Great. So much for Chick-Fil-A.

We started Firefly last night, so you know what that means, Veloute! Time for you to be puttin' Buffy back on the list! So far so good, just one in so far. I'm sure we just didn't give it much of a chance last time.

Anyhoo, YES, we got ourselves a little Mac Mini last night, it's very cute. And we even successfully connected to the internet. We just didn't blog cause we watched previews instead. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles...really? Fully animated. Why? And World Trade Center, which I wasn't sure how I felt about, but now having seen the trailer, I'm just so embarrassed that anyone went there. We were all there, do we really need a melodramatic rehashing? However much I worship the Maggie Gyllenhaal, my ability to take Nic Cage seriously dwindles shocking lower with each passing day. His face just makes me laugh. In that not-good way.

It was so worth it to take Rob with us--not only did he get us a nice discount, he gave off a very Morris-like air when dealing with the Comp plebs. Though it did take a bit to even find one. No one came near us in the computers for ten minutes, so Rob and I found a nice demo computer with speakers and tried to see how loud we could make them go. Quite loud, actually, and even better--it brought over no one. Rob finally chased one down as he tried to sneak past.

But little Mini Mac is so gorgeous (for as much as he cost, he'd better be). Irritatingly, our old Apple monitor wouldn't hook up to Mini, even with the adapter it came with, so we had to break out D's old Gateway monitor. Why can't everything just get the fuck along? It's still a nice monitor. And ooh, thanks also to Rob and iPodRip for making Superfly Amadeus Shaft's recovery possible. Yeah!

Netflix wanks finally let me have my christing movies. This weekend may also possibly be one for Clerks II. While I've spent most of my time being embarrassed that Kevin Smith felt he had to go there, after all the Joel Siegel BS (I have a great idea! Let's make a ruckus and give this movie LOTS of publicity! That always works against the film!) and the decent NYTimes review (thanks, dad), I admit I'm at least curious. Might as well just get this over with.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no he didn't. As fine as you? REALLY? Jesus.

(And you and Veloute talking about the chicken has been haunting me. I had to hit KFC at lunch today because the craving got that desperate (we have no C-F-A). It wasn't the same, of course. Plus? The guy was nice, but he didn't even liken my value to disposable packets of dipping sauce. ;__; )

I lust your Mac Mini.

YOU ARE FIREFLYING! OMG YES. Wet puddle, in my chair. You are going to love this. (I bet you wish people would quit saying that. But, well.) ;)

Ellen Aim said...

Oh yes he did. Luckily I got out of there without peeling my tires.

I tire not of hearing Firefly's praises. But damn, if I don't leave a wet spot after this disc, I'm gonna be disappointed.

Veloute said...

Wow. I didn't know people really said things like that. Ew!

Firefly! Yes! Ok, I will keep my end of the bargain and put Buffy on the list. Do I start with season one or should I start with season three to get off to a good start and then go back? I promise to make a real effort to appreciate it :D

Ellen Aim said...

Maybe season 2 or 3...ask Alex to verify. I'm gonna go out on a limb and vote for season 3. Had some hot chick everyone LOVED, but I'm blanking on her name. Season 6 is the BEST (evil Willow), but you must GET THERE.

Mob said...

I don't imagine I could have ever said anything that corny to a woman, unless I were really shitfaced drunk, and if I'm shitfaced drunk for my Chick-Fil-A job, trolling for pussy is probably the least of my worries.

Anonymous said...

Veloute-- aw, c'mon, man. Start with season 1 of Buffy. ;) But... if you must... season 2? (Ellen-- are you talking about Faith? I'm not strong in the Buffy fandom, I don't remember the season she starts in, and too lazy to look it up. XD )

Ellen, does Spike appear from the beginning? Cuz if so, Veloute, you must start with season 1--there might be Spike scenes you'd miss if you didn't. And that would be a terrible shame. ;)

Ellen Aim said...

Ok, Spike first makes an appearance in season 2 (episode 3). But he does not really become a part of the series til season 4.

Start with season 2 or 3...1 might be slow going and you can always revisit if you do end up liking it.

And yes, Faith! The hot bad girl. Who I never really liked.

I looked that stuff up, btw. I am not that geeky. Geeky, not scary.