Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Outside it may be raining, but in here it's entertaining.



So far today Co and I have been watching banned Looney Tunes and Betty Boop cartoons. God I always hated Betty Boop. And "offensive" commercials. Love the one above.

So the store is closing its doors forever this Friday, it's official. BUT...I still get paid for next week. I think I'm going to do a little temp work, though, since extra cash would be nice. I would LOVE to just dick around next week watching movies, but that would hardly be a good idea.

Tonight I have Sherrybaby (with the gorgeous Maggie Gyellenhaal), Freedomland (I know, I know, but I had to see for myself), The Groomsmen (which I WOULD HAVE watched this weekend if Netfux hadn't taken THREE extra days to send it to me...shit, I wasn't even going to watch this because I have totally given up on Ed Burns, but two people recommended it...we only had it one week at the Angelika...I'm going in with mixed expectations...), and This Film Is Not Yet Rated all waiting at home. The last one got a fairly decent review by Cinemaslave Joe, but I think it'll just piss me off. And my biggest complaint has always been that nudity gets a much harsher beating than violence (and then throw in the whole indie/mainstream battle and it's just worthless).

I'm dreading my dentist appointment tomorrow. They called to confirm my 9:45am appointment and I said hey, great, she said, hey do you want to come in earlier? Yeah, why not. How about 7:15am. I gaped, agreed, hung up. And now I'm afraid I misheard her. I mean seriously, what dentist is there ready to go at 7:15? If you were a dentist would you be there that early?? Jesus that's early for someone to be scraping my teeth and shoving awkward pieces of plastic in my mouth for X-rays. What a grand morning tomorrow shall have.

I'll see if I can find more odd things to post as the day goes along...

No comments: