Thursday, September 28, 2006

They fuck you at the drive-thru.

Groan. Waiting for The Call. My li'l Jetta Hans is at the shop. His axle/CV joint thing was clicking. Sounded ominous...especially considering my commute and the frequency with which I'm on highways...Ah, and there it is. Not gut-wrenchingly bad (that would be if the axle had broken--$900!), but a good thrust with the elephant dick, nonetheless. Now the tricky part will be if they can get it done today. Otherwise that will involve my ass getting up at 4:30am tomorrow to go into work with D. I have a real problem with getting up that early when it does not involve the airport and my getting on a flight to a foreign land.

They had it ready. AAAAAAAAAAAND he found something else wrong after we'd hung up, but rather than call me back and charge me more, he just fixed it. It was about $180 worth of work, as well. He could have totally made that up for all I know. I'm going to assume he did not and that they are the best car place in DFW and I will continue to go there. And I will be blissful and happy.

On an annoying note, I get to be reminded yet again that I'm an intolerant asshole. One of D's co-workers is this--I hate to say naive because surely anyone raising a child can't be THAT naive. But REAL...twee? She's got the voice and genki-as-shit (energetically happy) attitude...not annoying in itself, but just someone who really gives off that saccharine, uncynical, religiously pure...jesus, look at me, I can't even describe this nice person well without sounding like a total dick myself. Suffice it to say, I think you get my point. Anyway, let's also introduce the fact that one thing I REALLY hate about being female is that when other females decide they want to sell Mary Kay (or whatever), you will want to try some. Wow. I don't even carry a purse. I cannot stand girly things nor do I usually wear any makeup whatsoever. But what girl wouldn't want to be pampered? See, this is why I am getting married. Only people with whom I have a matching set of rings do I care to be pampered by. Or really, total strangers (preferrably in Thailand) to whom I am willing to pay money. But in-between those two things, no. When small talk starts to come into play, no. And let's throw into this whole mix that I utterly loathe being social with anyone I do not willing choose to spend my time. So basically this nice girl really, really, REALLY (again, this is a total mystery to me, she BARELY knows me--hey, obviously!) wants me to come to her "coming out" party or whatever the fuck it is. I would rather off myself, and honestly, it's nothing personal. It's just that being painfully polite and being dolled up by people I can't swear in front of...yeah, I can't even bring myself to sacrifice one evening. And this month of all months? Can I get a "fuck no?"

The cuckcoo clock is still going.

I got about three hours of sleep last night cleaning up and painting, etc. So when Nate and Di dropped the Indestructible Bong off their balcony (episode #74) and it actually shattered, I honestly couldn't stop laughing. I don't know why it was so funny, but damn, it really was. Just another weird chick laughing her ass off while she drives to work at 7:30am. I try not to look at the other drivers...

It's way past bedtime.

No comments: