Thursday, February 19, 2009

Your ass is ringing.

Hooray! Tomorrow evening is Robin Williams and I'm SO EXCITED.



I hope he's funny...I mean, the man is borderline neurotic and has an insane energy the likes of which I've rarely seen. Doesn't necessarily mean it's going to be a hysterical show. But here's hoping--he has certainly managed to crack me up in the past! We totally have (expensive!) nosebleed seats, but it's kinda like when I was really poor and Simon & Garfunkel came to town...I'll take what I can get!



And just for a healthy dose of geek, a new episode of both BSG and Dollhouse will be waiting for us when we get home!! I suddenly wish I had been paying better attention to all the mythology on BSG...and Dollhouse needs to bring a little more to the table, if you ask me, but as always, the pilot gets a ton of leeway.

Otherwise, it's been a pretty dull week. Oscars are coming up and I need to knock a few out this evening, but not sure I'm feeling it. Tomorrow night may be a Magnolia fest of shorts, but must see The Reader and Slumdog by Sunday. Fuck you, Button. Maybe if I'm feeling really at peace with the world, I'll give it a go.

I'm pathetically behind on my film reviews, so it would be very wise to take these films on. Wise I am not. Lazy and impulsive, yes.

Completely unrelated to anything, I bought the new Lily Allen CD. I really like it. It doesn't seem as dark and edgy as her first, it's far poppier and some tracks are kinda obvious and less creative, but they're still fun.

Even more unrelated, my friend B. just emailed me this, it's fantastic...

Ben & Jerry created "Yes Pecan!" ice cream flavor for Obama.
>>
>> They then asked people to fill in the blank to the following:
>>
>> For George W. they created "_________".
>>
>>
>> Here are some of their favorite responses:
>>
>> - Grape Depression
>>
>> - Abu Grape
>>
>> - Cluster Fudge
>>
>> - Nut'n Accomplished
>>
>> - Iraqi Road
>>
>> - Chock 'n Awe
>>
>> - WireTapioca
>>
>> - Impeach Cobbler
>>
>> - Guantanmallow
>>
>> - imPeachmint
>>
>> - Good Riddance You Lousy Motherfucker... Swirl
>>
>> - Heck of a Job, Brownie!
>>
>> - Neocon Politan
>>
>> - RockyRoad to Fascism
>>
>> - The Reese's-cession
>>
>> - Cookie D'oh!
>>
>> - The Housing Crunch
>>
>> - Nougalar Proliferation
>>
>> - Death by Chocolate... and Torture
>>
>> - Credit Crunch
>>
>> - Country Pumpkin
>>
>> - Chunky Monkey in Chief
>>
>> - George Bush Doesn't Care About Dark Chocolate
>>
>> - WM Delicious
>>
>> - Chocolate Chimp
>>
>> - Bloody Sundae
>>
>> - Caramel Preemptive Stripe
>>
>> - I broke the law and am responsible for the deaths of thousands...with
>> nuts

5 comments:

Ice Cream Man said...

Margaret,
I couldn't find a contact link for ya. can you shoot me an email at matt@icecreamman.com?
we're doing a story on Dazed and Confused for a annual zine we distribute in Austin during SXSW (www.offthewookie.com) and would love it if we could use couple pics from the 10th anniversary, thanks
Matt

Veloute said...

God, I just love these. Good Riddance You Lousy Motherfucker...Swirl.

You haven't seen Slumdog yet? Jeesh.

I hope Robin Williams is brilliant!

Triana said...

I'm currently enamoured with "I broke the law and am responsible for the deaths of thousands...with nuts". It's the "...with nuts" that makes it for me. I think I'm going to start adding that everywhere, randomly.

Veloute said...

Yes.

Triana said...

...with nuts.