Monday, February 09, 2009

I don't know you very well, you know, but I wanted to ask you - how'd you get Diane Court to go out with you?

Happy Birthday, silly goose!

I hope since the last time we talked that your days have been consistently happier. Getting a new job shouldn't be as intensely gruesome as it often is, especially with a resume like yours. Things will work out, if they haven't already, but at the very least here's hoping you have a great birthday.



I've actually been up fairly early this morning thanks to those incredible winds last night, so I got an early start on a recipe from Fine Cooking...they did a spread on carrot cake--traditional classic vs. updated innovation. And the newer ones look cute and all, but they are made into serving sizes and don't have icing. With carrot cake? Honey, no. Carrot cake is all about the frosting. Speaking of which, time to go lick the beaters. (And here's hoping I remember to turn them off first...)

Bite Sized Goodness:

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh god. Totally. Carrot cake without frosting is just health food (except, you know, not really...all that fat and sugar...)

Ellen Aim said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmm...vanilla cream cheese frosting...

Veloute said...

Oh Ellen, Ellen Ellen.

That's good, but the best is the white chocolate cream cheese frosting from The Cake Bible.

It goes well on all sorts of things. Dig?

Ellen Aim said...

DIIIIIIIIIIIIG.

I drooled on my keyboard just now.

But sometimes I do that anyway.

Veloute said...

Runs in the family.

Ellen Aim said...

Dude. It's like we're related or something.

Good times.

Veloute said...

No, no, we grew up together.

Yeah, we'll be beating this dead horse until we're 60. We need to make fun of new people.

Ellen Aim said...

It was a dead horse? I wasn't sure anymore since there are only pieces of it left now.