Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Well, he was probably a closet homosexual who did a lot of cocaine. That whole Yale thing.

Spent the last three days in Austin so a co-worker could pick up her new car...I did get to drag them out to the Elephant Room (where the band was even better than usual and the lead singer had a gorgeous jazz bandy voice with which she knocked out a memorable Somewhere Over the Rainbow) as well as County Line for a great view/bucket o' beer/turtles...

And weirdly, now that I'm finally home, I'm wired and wide awake.

And watching Only You!



It's really not a good movie. But as you know, I have a thing for Robert Downey, Jr. Over the years, though, two things really make that movie. Namely, Bonnie Hunt as her best friend. Secondly, the reaction she gets in the beginning when she tells the American gate agent, "The man I'm supposed to marry is on that flight!" versus the reaction at the end when she tells the exact same thing to the gate agent in Rome. Honestly, it's 14 years later, and I really think it would be exactly the same today.

My neck still hurts like a mind blowing motherfucker. I may look up chiropractors tomorrow. Massage just isn't cutting it.

No comments: