Thursday, April 19, 2007

It's made of real fake gold.



OMG. So not worth it.

Obviously, fine performances all around. (Including the always-fabulous Bill Nighy.) But Notes On a Scandal added absolutely zero to my life and was fairly unpleasant all the way through. I can tolerate an awkward or uncomfortable film if the film really has something to say, but this? I mean, I guess the way the story unfolded was not a common path to take, but by the end of it all, it just didn't add a damn thing to my life and I took nothing away from it. The three fine leads are best sought elsewhere.

(Good call, Alexandra!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

*nods sagely but sadly* ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm totally with you on this one. I was surprised by how little of a rat's ass I gave about anything that happened in this movie.

Ellen Aim said...

Alex: I'll do better next time.

CSJ: Yeah, it was passable and I wanted to respect it for at least being a little different but ick. Just ick. Happy it was over.