Wednesday, April 11, 2007

You know, even though I had to wear that stupid back brace and you were kind of fat, we were still totally cutting edge.

Got three discs in the mail tonight, woo hoo! Volver, starring Duckface,



Children of Men, starring Julianne Moore and Clive Owen (BOTH OF THEM!! I think I should watch that one alone...),



and my little West Wing guilty pleasure disc. I took a huge pause but am back on it again.

Maybe the former two can go on my little "Best of 2006" list, since that pathetic attempt has been met with resistance. I'm sorry, it was a paltry year (as far as what I've seen anyway...Notes On a Scandal comes out Tues and The Painted Veil doesn't come out til May 8, so still plucking away...)

Also started the first disc of Huff, that Showtime series with Hank Azaria. I heard such promising things and damn, is it pedestrian. I've heard it gets better, so I'm going to give it til disc 2. Oliver Platt, who plays Azaria's lawyer friend, is by the far the best thing about it. He's so entertaining...my friend J said it should've just been The Oliver Platt Show and it could have been the House, M.D. for lawyers. I would watch. In any case, I hear it does pick up, so I'll just keep my fingers crossed.

Work is work. Bleh.

Very excited to have the new Fine Cooking in my paws; I haven't cooked anything new in ages and everything in this issue looks fantastic. Of course, I was reading it just before dinner last night, so that may be like grocery shopping hungry...and I'll finally have two days off (in a row!) next Thurs/Fri, so I'll be tickled when that finally gets here. The grind is not so bad so far...

Speaking of grind, I'm saddened to hear the rumor that Harvey Weinstein wants to pull and re-release Grindhouse as two movies.



Nothing to like stupid shit like this to get my ass in action! D and I have plans to see it tomorrow night. I realize it may be "panning" at the box office and maybe this ruse will indeed work, but I doubt it. I'm actually really surprised it hasn't seen more love. I seriously doubt it's the runtime...Pulp Fiction is certainly plenty long itself. (Although the former may be a blast, the latter is a true gem).

3 comments:

Blancodeviosa said...

duck face. ahahaha... funny. i always call her chihuahua head.
and i reallly want to see children of men. i think clive owen is a very interesting actor. this is where my man says uh-huh, but that's not it!

Anonymous said...

DUCKFACE. Yes!!!! Thank you. That is absolutely perfect, and now I have something to call her besides "Euhh."

(Why is Julianne Moore's hair always the same lately? Is it a contract thing?)

Ellen Aim said...

Oh thank god, I thought everyone was going to bitch me out for being mean. She really honestly has a duck-like face, I can't help it.

She's decent on occasion, just nothing to write home about, you know?

You're right, Alex...JM's hair is always Exactly The Same. I hadn't even realized...time for curls.