Sunday, March 25, 2007

Enjoy my jacket, which you stole from me.

One more day of work.

Gads, how in the hell am I going to be able to get through work after this? "I'm going to Japan," will get me through nearly any workday. But afterwards...Jon Stewart and The Daily Show are kinda far away...August...shit, then it'll be time to get Halloween outfits and figure out how not to work on Christmas Eve.

I'm a little sad not to be able to meet up with one of my good Liverpudlian friends in Tokyo; her good friend she's known from the age of three has recently started kidney dialysis and it has been a tense time. I'm not sure the outlook is good. She says she won't be good company and often sits at home by the phone or talks to her friend's daughter and ends up crying. I may run into her while I'm meeting up with my Harry Potter Japanese ladies (look, I used to teach it at the school, it was offered to me and yes, it was actually lots of fun), and I told her I'd bring her a bottle of wine. Cause wine and crying all alone in your apartment go so well together, right? I feel bad not to be able to do more.

Hmm. Not much else to add about today, gosh. Kinda of a one-note downer today...

Oooh, wait! Stop the presses!!



Finally out last Tuesday, seasons three AND four. Sweet. It's going to be so awful.

2 comments:

Blancodeviosa said...

i hope your trip is good. enjoy your wine and whine in moderation :)

Ellen Aim said...

Thank you! Whine gets better with wine.