Friday, March 09, 2007

WE GOT ONE!!!



Actually, THREE. My husband RULES. Albertsons RULES.

Today was "graduation" at work and they took us out to lunch and then we got to leave early. I wasn't even out of the GARAGE at work before my temperature light came on. I had to stare at it for a few minutes to even figure out what the fuck it was. D told me to drive home with the heater on. It's got to be a record high today of 80 degrees AS IT IS. Actually, it wasn't so bad. But seriously, it is 80 out. And the car didn't catch on fire or anything. And D went to the store and got me coolant (which he is putting in now, pleasepleaseplease let that be all it needs).

And he bought me THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE AMERICONE DREAMS!!! It's YUM. I'm eating it NOW. I will put up pictures of me eating this damn-ass yummy ice cream.

Alex is coming up tonight. She can have a whole pint. No one can say we're not doing our part for this ice cream.

Fuck. D says it's not the coolant but our extremely handy neighbors happened to be out and he says it's either the thermostat or the water pump (which I had replaced a year ago so hmmm) or a one-time weird-o fuckup. They have a friend they can call who *knows* cars. Why can't I know someone who *knows* cars? I still have one more year to pay on this car, it has to last at least that long.

7 comments:

Triana said...

O-M-G!!!!!

*zooms to the store!*

I want a full report!

Ellen Aim said...

YUM, man, YUM. Those choco-covered waffle bits? All they could be and more. The caramel? Totally makes it. I have to admit...I might have made it coffee or toffee-flavored...but I **guess** I'll be able to choke it down...

Oh, and D informs me one of those is for him! Ha! We'll see...

Veloute said...

Yeah, I'm jealous much. I will find some today, hopefully. It's got to be here by now.

I hope your car is going to be ok and cheap to fix!

Ellen Aim said...

If it's in DALLAS, you *know* it's in Vermont.

I have not started Hans up again just yet. Nervous. Dad votes for the thermostat.

MacGuffin said...

Lucky! About the ice cream I mean, not your car. Car troubles are always stressful as fuck no matter the scope of the problem.

Veloute said...

I have been to two grocery stores and no luck.

What is the point of living in Vermont if one can't get the latest Ben and Jerry's flavor right away, I ask you?

Ellen Aim said...

daveyyo: And usually when I have car trouble, there isn't bad-ass ice cream there to make me feel better. Not that ice cream can fix cars yet.

Vel: Ah, but you know what? This is, technically, "conservative" ice cream. Maybe that's why we get it first. Hee hee. Maybe you guys already have the Willie Nelson one. ;P