Sunday, February 27, 2011

I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Ok, I'm in the minority on this one, but I am NOT digging Cate's dress. (There is some serious detail the photo probably can't capture, but whatever, it still doesn't save it.)



I get that it's "so Cate" of her and she can usually pull off the daring and unusual and she's fabulous no matter what she does. (And EVERYONE keeps saying that, SIGH.) But it's just ugly. Full stop. I WANT to like it and I'm trying, and it's probably LESS ugly on her than anyone else, but it's just not doing it for me. I may change my mind by the end of the night, but not so far.

And speaking of other things that don't work:



I love the IDEA of this dress. The style, the cut, but in the end, no. I don't like the two-toned effect for some reason and it also seems just a LIIIIIIIIIIITTLE too tight, even for ScarJo.

Annette Bening. I love her. But her hair was a REALLY bad idea. It makes her look old in a REAL unfortunate way. I kind of hate the dress, too, while we're on it.



This photo hides both quite well, actually. But trust me. It's just not working on either front. :(

There's definitely something awry with James Franco tonight. Not quite drunk or anything...but I'm going to go with "stoned?" I doubt he's nervous about hosting and there's just no chance he'll win the Best Actor award (and he knows that), so who the hell knows. But get it together soon, dude. Please.

I am officially saying for the record I think Justin Timberlake is awesome. I may not be a huge fan of his music (with some big exceptions), but he is one funny dude.



I am embarrassed to admit I did not realize he was in The Social Network, nor did I recognize him (I mean, how was I supposed to expect that?) while watching it. But I thought to myself, man, I gotta look that guy up...*facepalm*. Seriously unhip, that's me.

No comments: