Monday, August 04, 2008

I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.

Wow. I'm curious to see how I function for the rest of the day, having gotten up at 5am to attend a 6am session of HOT YOGA. Yeah, baby! I actually got my ass up to do it!



It was...interesting. I really liked it, but jesus that's a lot of sweat. And I have consumed a half gallon of water this morning. Like, a lot of sweat. A ton. An Officially Disgusting Amount. That must have purged even deeply buried evils from the pit of my soul. And see that pose up there? Yeah, they made us do that. I cannot do that.

Let's see if I drag my ass back on Wednesday. I could go tomorrow morning, but that's a LITTLE too soon for my taste. I need to be able to delude myself once again. Shit, I'm just so totally proud I didn't pass out. It's 108 degrees in there during the yoga, but he kept it at a really good pace with lots of resting.

I have no idea what I did this weekend, really. Lots of nothing. I read Last Night at the Lobster by Stewart O'Nan yesterday, which was short and kinda depressing. Not abnormally depressing, just average depressing, which is almost worse, considering the story.

But before sitting down with that, I treated myself to a fairly crappy brunch at a nearby Italian place called Bravo! The food itself was fine, I was really grossed out by their mimosas, which appeared to be champagne and Tang...so I got a Bloody Mary instead, which I usually save for brunch in New York, but whatever. It was just...nasty. Too spicy and really, just all-out grody. For food, I was vacillating betweeen a bitchin' sounding French Toast-strawberry ensemble and this crab cake with spinach/artichokes on toast with poached eggs on top. I figured I'd got for the latter (feeling adventurous) and you know, it was more than a little decent!

Just, seriously, the mimosa grossed me out enough that I don't think I would go back. Wtf? Just knowing it's there is too much.

Started Curb Your Enthusiasm...hmmm. The jury's still out. I need to give it another couple discs, according to everyone who loves it. It's just...painful. Not that there's anything wrong with painful, necessarily...it brings a pain similar to The Office (still haven't seen the American one), but so far less humorous...and way contrived. Though J insists it stops being contrived. We'll see.



Also started Arrested Development, which I think I could really love. I love Portia de Rossi and Jason Bateman, but another friend insists there are two totally different characters who end up stealing the show. In any case, it's cute and funny and I'm really enjoying it.

I left The Stand at home, so it looks like it's a day to peruse Walden...

No comments: