Sunday, May 31, 2009

I like a fresh bowl. Remnants upset me.

I forgot all about my aquarium pics!



So the seals are just outside the entrance and it's easy to sit there for quite some time. However, the penguin feedings were just beginning, so we finally went inside.





In the center of the aquarium is a giant circular ocean tank with a spiraling walkway to the top.



There seemed to be about 3-4 of these guys, but they hid when the divers started feeding time! Shy!



The people in the background are a little dark, but it gives you an idea of how large the tank is.



The jellies are a special exhibit. Also, very hard to snap pics.



Splat.







It's a little tricky to see here, but there are two guys. I think they normally blend in a little better than they're doing here.





That's a brown bottle he's sucking on.



While walking up to Haymarket to return to Little Italy, we stumbled upon the Holocaust exhibit. I'd seen it before in 1998 when I went with Veloute and Annie. It's still impressive; prisoners' numbers are etched on the glass, very small, since there are so many.





And we passed this twice during our trip, it was just weird.



I'm sure there IS a playground somewhere, it just looked misplaced. Even better was what seemed to be a drug transaction going on.



I'm sure it wasn't...*cough*

2 comments:

Veloute said...

I love the Boston aquarium! We had some good times there! I remember wee Fiona making the sign for "fish". Sniff.

Oh, that's just what New England playgrounds look like.

Ellen Aim said...

Awwwwwwww.

Wall-climbing and a little B&E practice is what playtime is all about.