Tuesday, May 22, 2007
I give head before I give favors, and I don't even give my best friends head, so your chances of getting a favor are pretty fucking slim.
Ok, here's my restaurant thing Mob tagged me for. This was kind of a struggle, I mean, it's Dallas, I know, but the really good ones are few and far between. I think Dallas secretly has very ordinary restaurants but since it has NOTHING ELSE GOING FOR IT, that got deemed "its thing." Well, that and Saks, you know, the shopping. And I would be a Nordstrom-shoe-wearing slut if my finances allowed, I assure. Here we go...
1. Add a direct link to your post below the name of the person who tagged you.
Include the city/state and country you’re in.
You know, I'd fuckin' love to but this pissed me off. It would not copy the links to save my goddamn life. I tried right-clicking on a couple different blogs and what the fuck, am I nine? I have a degree for fuck's sake and short of some really tedious work copying each and every one with "save link location," it was just beyond me. So you'll just have to content yourself with these not-too-special eateries in DFW.
2. List out your top 5 favorite places to eat at your location.
3. Tag 5 other people (preferably from other countries/states) and let them know they’ve been tagged.
The Melting Pot
A little pricey but very fun, a great treat. It's a fondue restaurant, beginning with a cheese course followed by some sort of obligatory "salad" thing. The main course we always go for is the seafood one (there are set menus to choose from but the seafood one seems the best) and then a large variety of dessert fondues. The dessert is honestly not why I go but it's a superb ending. One of the few times I've ever stuffed myself beyond capacity was the first time D and I ate here. We were going to go out after and have drinks. Instead we went home and rolled ourselves inside and hit the sofa; I was asleep in five minutes.
Much thanks to Mob & K for this one. Their steaks make me salivate, not to mention great atmosphere and it's all hidden underground, making it very cool to even know about. Truffle butter sauce, that's all I'm going to say. That and it's been too damn long...
Gloria's--Cinema Mark and I used to go here occasionally during work. The best thing they ever had were steak nachos that later disappeared from the menu. The rest of the menu is just as worthy, even if I miss the original fave. This is my favorite Tex-Mex place in DFW. All the food here is best paired with their killer margaritas. I could spend the afternoon outside nibbling and drinking and be totally content. Shit, today is a good day for margaritas! (Coming soon to Arlington, June 2007!)
Campo Verde--Best Tex-Mex place in Arlington, gets way more points for cheap alcohol and atmosphere (filthy with weird kitsch and Christmas lights and a huge electric train running around the restaurant). Food is decent...their shredded chicken nachos are a staple when I want something tasty and greasy. I can eat, like, three or four--that's how big the bastards are. A good comfy place.
God...what else...fuck it, The Flying Saucer. I can't help it, they put crack in their big soft pretzels and sometimes there is nothing finer than a huge soft pretzel with queso and a nice cold beer. I'm playin' fast and loose with the "restaurant" definition, sue me.
So you notice drinking plays a major theme in my eateries, do you? Honestly, if I lived in Austin, Tokyo or New York it wouldn't be that way. Despite its reputation for restaurants, I just don't know of too many in DFW that really float my boat. They're all decent. The first two are by far the ones I seek out for food. BBQ is essential for me and I have two in Austin that make me freely salivate and for whom I am a diehard devotee. DFW is just...meh. Kinda chain/corporate-heavy. We are On the Border heaven. Or Chili's. You get the point.
After re-reading that, I realize it's basically the Addison restaurant meme. And considering Addison is Yuppie Central, I really don't care to stop and think what that says about me...
I have no idea who to tag, anyone who reads this and feels like it. Hell, anyone who has even two restaurants in their area that actually make you want to mention them.
And guess what, it's double whammy meme day! Mob and Al partook, so why not...
Finish each sentence...
1. I've come to realize that my last kiss... was from my husband on his way out the door to work. The aftershave I originally didn't like (it's hard to follow after Safari) is actually not so bad at all. Infact it's quite yummy.
2. I am listening to... the weird jingle of my two cats' bells as they tussle in the living room. And the occasional miaow.
3. I talk... quite a bit. Exponentially more so--and louder--with each additional drink.
4. I want... to go buy a shitload of plants and finish the yard. Ah, money.
5. My best friend(s)... should all live much closer to me.
7.The weather is... continually pissing down rain and feeding my new trees which tickles the shit out of me.
8. I hate it when people... hmm, let's just change this to "I hate people." Ah, done.
9. Love is... something I take for granted all the time. Working on it...
10. Marriage is... a formality. I don't feel a damn bit different than before we were married. I find being tied to a mortgage together far scarier, if you ask me.
11. Somewhere, someone is thinking... MY GOD! WHAT HAVE I DONE?
12. I'll always... want to travel, though I'll struggle to choose between places I've been repeatedly and new places.
13. I have a secret crush on... shit, hmm. Bree on Desperate Housewives?
14. The last time I cried was... god, really? Can I have some dignity? Ok, I teared up at that West Wing episode I mentioned a while back. Not CRY, TEARED UP. AND I was drinking. So there.
15. My cell phone is... a piece of shit and we eye each other with equal mistrust.
16. When I wake up in the morning... I have to try to get out from under the cat. The black one, not the fat one. The fat one doesn't sleep with me.
17. Before I go to bed... I make sure there is no water in my glass I leave on the sink or else the fat cat will get up there during the night and stick his face in it and possibly knock it over.
18. Right now I am thinking about... what to do today. I want to play in the yard but I'm poor. And it's a little muddy. I'd like a big fat soft pretzel (see above) but that's kinda far away. I could Netflix-up the day, but then I would officially feel like a giant slug.
19. Babies are... something we'll try to decide on before 2010. Right now I'm 80/20 on the issue, and considering my hobbies, I think you know which side is which.
20. I go on MySpace... never. Closed my acct ages ago and after that Cinema Mark and I may have accidentally on-purpose deleted the photo lab's useless fucktard high schooler's account after he'd left. I mean, we deleted his entire 350+ friend list and the dumbshit still didn't change his password. So right before we closed the store doors forever, well, there may have been an account deletion...but I wouldn't know anything about it.
21. Today I... took my mommy to the airport.
22. Tonight I... will try to wait for D to have dinner. It's hard to make it to 11pm sometimes.
23. Tomorrow I... need to get my car worked on, but I won't.
24. I really want to... pay off my bills. And go back to the Bear Hotel in Crickhowell, Wales, with D, preferably in winter.
25. Someone who will most likely repost this? Whoever is the most bored, or like me is looking for an easy post. (Stolen right off Mob's page; amen, my friend.)