Thursday, October 26, 2006

My wife has an ass in her cock in the driveway, all right? I'm sorry if my thoughts are not on the photography of the film we're shooting tomorrow.

Work is gone, which is lovely. Several days with absolutely no work. Weird.

Today my "maid of honor" (which doesn't really mean anything in the terms of my wedding, but you gotta at least vaguely play by the rules) hits town from Chicago, along with her ex-boyfriend. They've been on-again off-again for over eight years, so I can see his reasoning in just waiting it out. On the other hand, one of these times you'd think you would just give up. It's always this way, in that she initiates the off period. And she is currently with someone, a fellow she met in Japan who lives in San Francisco at the moment. Ex-boyfriend loathes Mr. San Fransisco, but was anyone expecting anything different? And I'm good friends with the ex, in case you're wondering what the hell he's doing here anyway. It may be awkward in the end several years from now if things keep up, but those things don't really concern me at the moment.

Kiwi Derek wants to shoot a gun while he's here (he also wants to hit a Wal-Mart, at which I initially flatly refused). I am feeling a little shame. These things are quintessential "American" things! The former is especially Texan, I guess. But while I am far from a gun person, I can see the merit in at least trying it. Having only shot one with blanks for a "movie" once, I'm up for it since I don't think that really counts. And Ex-B and my MOH are up for it as well, so the four of us are off this early afternoon to shoot things. I know Ex especially finds it highly amusing.

Before that, Veloute and fam should be making an appearance at the house. Little 2-year old Sophia had her birthday last week so she gets her present (totally precious dress I found on a whim next to the closed health food store I was trying to locate), plus a little Gund pink platypus I found for Fiona (its cuteness forced me to buy it, I was powerless, and its small size prevents if from falling into the official "stuffed animal" category) and a sound-activated marionette frog I hope they both can play with. Not sure if anyone's tall enough, but again, the frog was whispering things to me.

I'll be tidying up as the day progresses...I really want to move the sofa out to the sunroom because I keep seeing its massive girth eat up the living room and I wonder how the fuck are these people going to fit in my living room? I'm sure it will be fine. I think I'm going to stop caring about much here in a bit and just see what happens. But I won't move the sofa out just yet cause that's a wee bit silly. "Why is your sofa outside?' (Which the sunroom basically is).

And this evening the five of us (me, D, Kiwi Derek, MOH and Ex) plan on descending upon my parents' house to be fed and to see our friends Joe and Jean who are also flying in. Both sisters, including Vel's family should be there also, making it ten adults and two small children to be fed. I would shit myself. I think we're planning on doing the cleaning up; I don't know the last time so many people were in that house, certainly not also expecting to be fed. But that's the plan.

No comments: