Friday, March 30, 2012

It smells like leather and Teddy Roosevelt and wistfulness.

Blogger has changed its editing format. I hate change. IT WAS FINE. It's just annoying now and reeks of someone trying to justify their job. Plus, did I mention? I hate change.

It's awful nice outside considering it's supposed to snow tonight. *eyeroll*

BOSTON BACON AND BEER FEST TICKETS GO ON SALE NEXT WEEK! :D And I'm in the special pre-sale group. NATCH.

I'd rather be home in Denton at Jazz Fest, but there it is. Got to do it last year, but this year I will be one week out from my motion to suppress. Hopefully for realz this time.

I wrapped up all my motions for trial on Tuesday. The chances of going to trial are in fact slim, but my time in court has taught me to expect the unexpected. And my director said it best when I was prepped to do my motion to suppress: "There are only two things of which you can be sure. First, someone's going to throw you a bone. (Meaning in their testimony. Meaning: LISTEN.) Second, something unexpected is going to happen." The second thing has proven true Every. Single. Fucking. Time. So being able to roll with shit is probably the most important quality to have if you do litigation. (Personally, I'd say a close second is the Wil Wheaton mantra, "Don't be a dick." But sadly, not everyone seems to subscribe to that belief.) /sadface

Also, choosing not to care about the future today. It is too nice out. Although my bartender someone just told me the megamillions powerball whatever is going for half a billion dollars tonight. Sounds like as good a time to play as any...? #ultimatefantasy

Also, completely unrelated: cute TLo posting on Jon Hamm. ;)

No comments: