Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Well, I don't eat anything and when I feel like I'm about to faint I eat a cube of cheese.

Man, the parking lot is covered in snow again! It is snowing, snowing, snowing. And this afternoon promises "wintry mix," meaning, I presume, ice. And there's a book up at school I need. Groan. How badly do I need it...

Anyway. Good thing I got to the movies yesterday! I went to see The King's Speech finally...



...starring this dude! Yes, any excuse to post Colin Firth pics, I'm on it.



Geoffrey Rush and Helena Bonham Carter were really a huge reason the film was as good as it was, but Firth really was a stand out.



(HBC sees to have mostly reigned in the crazy for this pic...)

I really don't think it will win Best Picture--it was quite enjoyable and funny, but it just didn't really say Best Picture to me. Not that I get to have a say, obviously...but especially with them nominating 10 films, I think a nomination is at least in the bag!

Completely unrelated to anything, here is ScarJo's hairdo from the Globes the other night, you just had to see what I was talking about. Damn. The dress was actually quite pretty, but WHO WAS LOOKIN' AT THE DRESS?



And I can't make up my mind about Christina Hendricks here. She always look va-va-voom, and she can even pull off red usually, despite her hair, but somehow it's not quite doing it for me here? Then there is the issue of the GIANT FLOWER. But she still looks pretty damn amazing almost-pulling-it-off.



Sigh. Professional Responsibility reading is calling my name. That and lunch.

No comments: