Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Wanna come up to my room to watch Iron Chef? It's all about mushrooms tonight.

It's just so foreign to me to not loathe watching the president on TV...and look, he's not lifting his tuxedo pant leg to show us his cowboy boots, it's just...so refreshing! I just can't get over how cool this is.



Though as happy as I am, I was glad to see The Daily Show take a very small jab last night, comparing clips from Obama's inauguration speech with clips from past Bush speeches and how they were largely similar messages. Jon Stewart wanted to know what the difference was, and Jason Jones just got really flustered and upset and said something along the lines of, "I don't know, Jon! Why does cheese taste so good when you put it all over Italian food but if you put it all over Chinese food, it's just really gross?"

(Of course the speech was more than the sum of a few paltry clips, and I thought there were some good parts, having seen the whole thing, but The Daily Show's supposed to be a funny show, kwim?)



And my dad sent me a comment I really loved, from a commenter on yglesias.thinkprogress.org

"I noticed that Cheney was in a wheelchair and looking poorly. Amazing what happens when you cut off his supply of infant's blood and put him out in strong sunlight."

Hee hee.

Ok, shower time. You know it's too cold in the house when the cats won't even get out of the bed to be their usual annoying morning selves. ("Are you gonna fill the food bowl? Huh? Huh?" "Hey, turn on the bathtub water I want drips! MEEEEEEEEOOOOOW!") No, instead they look at me like, hell no woman, and curl up in a ball and mock my having to get up.

That's ok, it's supposed to get near 80 by the end of the week. And tomorrow night I'm off to Austin for a couple days where it should be 81 on Friday. So wrong...I'll be totally sad as I sit outside sipping a Mother Ship beer eating deep dish cheeeeeeeesy Mangia...

6 comments:

Triana said...

Oh that would suck wouldn't it? We should steer clear of Mangia. ;)

My officemate's first comment after Obama's speech: "Oh wow...a president that can like *speak*. I had forgotten what that's like."

Ellen Aim said...

Lol, he could read the back of a cereal box and I'd be convinced of whatever that meant. I'm just so excited to see someone string together words in a COHERENT FASHION.

Luckily, he seems to have even more going on than his ability to speak!

Anonymous said...

Love the Dick comment.

Can't wait to see you!!

Ellen Aim said...

Squee! See you tonight!!

Veloute said...

I crave Mother Ship beer now. And Mangia pizza. Damn.

Ellen Aim said...

I pretty much do all the time...