Tuesday, January 27, 2009

That flask had my name on it! It said, "Karen Walker: Bikini Inspector." I got it on spring break!

Happy Birthday, Veloute!



Conditions are perfect!

Wish you were still down here for your birthday...I'll just have to crack open one of the wines we got from the Austin wineries and think of you!

On the other hand, you were wise to leave yesterday, as there is apparently an ice storm ON THE WAY!! EVERYONE HIDE!! So everything is already shut down, even though it's just cold out. Because it might. (Honestly, it probably will.) But in all fairness, I don't think I'll have to work today. So rah rah rah!

On the downside, UNT is closed and I just got an email from the law school I visited back in the fall saying they are missing a form for me--some Dean's Certification/Recommendation form. Sigh. I'm not even sure if I should address this to the registrar's office or the College of Arts & Sciences, because that is where my Dean was located...I assume the latter but there's not a damn thing to be done when it's all iced up, is there?

This would be less of an issue if the form didn't have THIS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY FEBRUARY 1ST all over it. Gee, no pressure. (And I applied at the beginning of DECEMBER!) So I smell an early-morning trip to UNT tomorrow, perhaps? If they would just let me fax it rather than mail it and hope it gets to New England in a timely fashion, all would be well. However, it feels like one of those this-must-have-a-seal-and-be-totally-confidential type things so I'm betting that's out.

*grinds teeth*

And I really hope they know what to do with this form because I sure as hell don't. They seriously want a recommendation from a Dean I never knew (ok, I was a typist for her office but they don't know that) and from a university I attended 9 years ago? They must have some sort of "I'm the Dean and I Approve This Message!" type stamp. I hope.

Of course, in the spirit of looking on the bright side, I was delighted that this particular law school still wanted my form. Like, as if they're thinking about me. It's nice to know my application isn't posted to some bulletin board for all to laugh at before they send the rejection. Or if it is, they're still very particular about keeping up appearances. "We must have EVERY FORM in before we totally reject you."

Anyhoo. Happy Birthday, Veloute! I will now have Business Time in my head for the rest of the day.

Oh, and Weebl and Sometimes Weebl's Friend Bob would of course like to wish you one as well.

8 comments:

Triana said...

Happy Birthday, Vel!!!!

Oh dude, it's already like 42 here and raining. There's talk of shutting down early and worry we can't open tomorrow. *snort* Yeah right. I doubt it gets below 34, much less actually freezing here. You guys always seem to get hit hard though, so I wouldn't doubt that you'll be under ice soon.

Of course tomorrow is suppose to be 60.

I'll have some Austin wine tonight myself!

Veloute said...

HAHAHAHAHA!
I love Weebl and Bob!

Thank you :)

I miss you all :(

Now I have Business Time back in my head. Groovy.

Triana said...

"It not pie."

This is now in my vocabulary.

Ellen Aim said...

Triana: Our little street is thick with ice--you can SEE it. I goin' nowhere!

And I was a fan of "Hot poop! My eyes!"

Vel: MISS YOU!!

Everyone should always have Business Time in their heads.

Triana said...

I'm soooooo disappointed, there is NOTHING here. It's 31 degrees, we even got rain, but nothing stuck. :( So I'm at work. Booo!

Ellen Aim said...

Dude, that's just wrong. Ours hit around 10pm and it was pretty nasty! Everyone's just waiting til noon to see what to do, it's quite silly.

Anonymous said...

Yes! It not pie...it must be a trap.

That rocked.

Ellen Aim said...

Business hours are over!