Sunday, May 04, 2008

Maybe there won't be marriage, maybe there won't be sex, but by God there'll be dancing!

Hooray, finally bought my San Francisco ticket. They had cheaper tickets, but I paid a little more in order to have a flight time of under four hours rather than 7-8 hours, plus this flight gets in Thursday morning rather than Friday night. Gee.

But that will be the weekend after next, as Emily is getting married May 17th. D unfortunately cannot go, as they are opening a brand new store and that's their big weekend. So I'll be piddling around on my own! At least I'll have a bitchin' camera with me, either cinema Mark's or my own. But since I'm not planning on shooting a wedding with a point-and-shoot, I'll have someone's sweet camera with me for sure!

And the honeymoon is going to be Bali...



Which, you know, looks okaaaay I guess. If you're into that sort of thing. Which I am.

Finally saw Lars and the Real Girl, which I started to think was going to be depressing. However, it was really cute and sweet.



That is definitely one small town, but I was willing to go with it. Very cute and very unusual.

I also started A Boy and His Dog--this sci-fi thing on my Netfux queue that, thanks to my laptop, I was able to start on instant download. I almost said screw it after ten minutes, but it seems to have a rabid following of (potentially delusional) fans who have given it four stars. I'll get back to it later, but a voiced-over dog and a very young Don Johnson aren't enough so far.

And The Savages arrived in the mail yesterday, so time to hide the razors!

No comments: