Tuesday, June 27, 2006

May I take your purse as usual? Or...for the first time?

Uploading 37 rolls of wedding photos is actually quite dull though it does seem to give me time to type. My favorite wedding photos from yesterday included a bride never without a Miller Lite in her hand (okay, perhaps not during the actual ceremony). They even had little beer cozies made up for everyone. It was as if Miller Lite sponsored the wedding. Every shot of this elegant bride, kissing her flower girl, leaving the reception, caught her with bottle in-hand. Classy. Even dancing in line formation holding up her beer and train with the same hand.

Speaking of alcohol, I added Grey Goose (just for the gay Republicans, mostly Morris) and Kahlua (for the more regular gay, shall we say) to the liquor cabinet last night. Trying to stock up on the goodies pre-wedding party. My liquor store guy has chosen to remember me, for whatever reason, so I try to always go on Mondays when he gives me the senior citizen (!) discount. Though he passes it off as the "frequent customer" discount. How bad is it to get that discount at the booze store and for the checkout guy to know you? He's probably even more baffled that I never buy the same thing twice, or at least quite rarely. I'm getting the scotch next time, that'll really throw him off.

Also have to finish finding the wedding music. Got soundtracks for Suspiria and Horror Express (I think the latter will be my actual walk-down-the-isle selection). For the obvious but good, I do want to snag the original Halloween soundtrack, but am a little surprised to see how highly coveted it is on ebay. Wtf? I'll also be swiping my dad's Deep Red CD to rip. The Argento soundtracks are just perfect for the occasion. And I need to preview the original Fog. Seems like it'd be good stuff but at the moment it's not coming to mind...

And speaking of horror movies, I was pretty disappointed in Night Watch. It had so much potential but frankly, it bored the shit out of me. Derek thought it was at least decent but doesn't need to own it.

And in a shameless display of not giving one rat's ass about saving money, we ate Chinese food last night (that five-flavored shrimp has crack in it, I'm convinced) and traded in our non-cool-TV-friendly copy of The Breakfast Club. (We just recently upgraded to the special edition--though only for the picture quality--the special features consist of the trailer and two recommendations. Who the fuck are they kidding that's the best they could come up with for a special edition? Who the fuck of that bunch is doing anything better? Well, save Paul Gleason, which is just a total downer). Also traded in our VHS Lost Boys, for space more than the $0.38 trade-in value. Picked up (finally) instead The Birdcage and Working Girl, both of which I was ashamed we didn't already own. Had a real hankering for the latter recently...I know, I know, Melanie Griffith. But it's her one movie. The Ford, Sigourney Weaver and Joan Cusack I like to think round it out quite nicely besides. It just has so many fucking good lines.

In the discombobulated spirit of today's post I think I should start drinking now. It's nearly 1:30 after all. Oh wait, have to finish working first...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy birthday. ;)

Oh c'mon. Paul lived well! He was Principal Vernon AND Dwyane T. Robinson. "I got a hundred people down here and they're all covered in glass." The man. is. immortal.

Sounds like you scored some great movies.

Ellen Aim said...

Aw, thanks for the birthday email!

And yeah, he is kinda immortalized...

I admit I did watch The Birdcage first!

Mob said...

Happy Birthday, even though I'm a day late...sounds like it was somewhat productive.