Sunday, January 15, 2012

Danger! Danger! Trees! Tree! Tree! Squirrel!

Ah, see, here she is. She who has clearly sold her soul for eternal youth and/or has the best motherfucking surgeon on Earth, Diane Lane. I WANT TO GO TO THERE.



*cough* Anyway.

Christopher Plummer for Best Supporting Actor for Beginners! I'm off to a good start--and the adorable Ewan McGregor is there as well...I have still yet to see this, but it's near the top of the list. Kenneth Branagh was nominated as well for My Week With Marilyn, but I know a sure thing when I see it. Also, props for a very solid speech, complete with bonus points for a charming bit to his wife of 43 years. AWWWW!

And whoops, Laura Dern just snaked it from Zooey Deschanel, there goes my winning streak. I'm okay with some Laura Dern...though in a category of those two, Amy Poehler, Tina Fey and Laura Linney...I wasn't going to be disappointed with any of those wins. (Linney's the most talented, though, bar none, fwiw.)

And why not, here is The Hollywood Couple and what Jolie's wearing tonight.



I really don't have anything against either one, I just don't really *GET IT* either, though. (Pitt has turned into a really great actor, I'm talking about the celeb obsessiveness.) It's just...goddamn I really just want girlfriend to eat a cheeseburger. SOMETHING.

Ohhh motherfucker, Kate Winslet just snaked the award from Diane Lane...to be fair, my BFF's little brother worked on Mildred Pierce...so I kinda have a soft spot for it. He's an actor and says Kate's darling. What a surprise. ;)

2 comments:

Friend L said...

Mildred Pierce was the most overrated schlockfest since Titanic. I say this reluctantly, as I love Kate Winslet more than my own sister. Also, can I please wear Diane Lane's dress to my wedding?

Ellen Aim said...

Aw, man...well, good to know.

I want to wear the dress *and* the Diane suit.