Thursday, January 12, 2012

Ah! New Year's Resolution: drink less...and quit smoking...and quit talking total nonsense to strangers...actually, quit talking, full stop.

Man, it is fucking nasty looking outside. I went to bed around 2:30 trying to wrap up my revisions on that philosophy chapter from hell that's due today with plans to get up at 7:30 and keep working. It's almost done, but I have an undetermined number of motions to draft for tomorrow as well, which is what I wanted to set a lot of time aside for today.

But man, I slept until 8:30 because it was so goddamn dark I just didn't think it was right.

And it's absolutely one of those mornings where the cats are all fuck no and they do stay in bed. I wouldn't have to even go into school today except for that meeting. Grr. Sense I will be busting out the winter shoes finally. :( It did actually snow the other day but was melted by afternoon.

On the plus side I am really looking forward to Friday night so I can see Friend L, the ring (someone's engaged now!), and a screening of Shame. I didn't even realize the Golden Globes are this Sunday, they've snuck up like that in the past couple years. I still don't have a ton of favorite films from last year, but it's always fun to watch. It would be ideal timing because the next day is a holiday, but not for me! :( We have a trial next Friday, so guess who gets to go into the office. :/

And Sunday begins a month and a half of oral argument practices. I should probably read my opponent's brief, huh?

Ok, that was enough of a break probably. Scintillating material, I know. The only other interesting thing going on is that I got a little book of recipes for vintage cocktails for xmas and I seem to have the ingredients for an Old Fashioned (which I will have to perfect by the time March and Mad Men rolls back around) or a Manhattan. But this is not something I have had the time to try yet--nor is 11:15am really an acceptable hour, particularly when there are motions to write. Damn.

No comments: