Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Don’t knock masturbation. It’s sex with someone I love.

How about an old post? This was the day before I left for NYC, Wednesday...

I'm so glad to know I still have at least a modicum of self-control. I finished today at 3:30, and while that sounds pretty reasonable, you just don't know the beast I was dealing with. It was like, a lot of research. Like a lot. And while I didn't ALSO incorporate her "pull these if you have time" cases (I PULLED them, but no, I did not INCORPORATE them into my brief, hells no), I got it the hell done well before her "end of the week" deadline. (Prolly cause I'm outta this dump as of 8am tomorrow morning!) And I ALSO submitted my application for the clinical program for next year, against my better judgment. It's a combination of qualification and lottery, and I would probably really benefit from it. But the particular area I want requires my presence a week before school, meaning hopping straight back from Amsterdam with no fun or recovery. (Yeah yeah, WOE IS ME, I get it. But still.) So maybe they won't pick me. If they don't, I shall take it as a sign to travel. ;)

OH! But my self-control was not logging into facebook to write, "I'M OUT, BITCHES!"

Maybe I'm an adult after all...but probably not.

So I have a crazy amount of work to do on my REGULAR research project, but NOT TONIGHT. AND NOT FOR THE NEXT FIVE DAYS.

Oh, and this week? IS RESTAURANT WEEK. nomnomnomnomnom. I had no idea til yesterday, so I snuck off from school (I'm not sure why I "snuck off," it's not like I was ditching class or anything...) and went to Fleming's. It's in the theater district, so pretty close to school. I sat at the bar, had a really attentive and personable bartender and THE BEST GODDAMN DINNER I'VE HAD IN AGES. I had the fullest tummy without being so full as to instantly regret.

I kept working on my research (as much as you can in a dark-ass steakhouse, tbh. Even the bathrooms were dark...) and did the Restaurant Week 3-course dinner for $33. (Restaurant Week means you get a separate menu with 3 choices for each part.) I started with lobster bisque (it wasn't cream-based, but it was surprisingly even yummier), followed by a petit filet mignon (and my awesome bartender brought me bearnaise at my request, no extra charge!) and dessert? I opted for the cheesecake with blueberry sauce. I really had to slow down about 3/4 of the way into the steak...wanted to eat as much as possible without pushing it and yet be able to accommodate that cheesecake. Damn, yo. My only complaint was the stinginess with the blueberry sauce...wth! I nommed it all up, though...it had a crust on top that reminded me of my mom's apricot brandy cake. DELISH.

(And that was all I wrote.)

Now I'm back from NYC but I will have to have another post for that! (I did very little other than relax with D & L, eat good food and do more walking than I've done all year, which isn't saying much, really...Oh, and wake up to and continue to read all about the devastating never-ending parade of horrors in Japan. Jesus.)

No comments: