Tuesday, December 07, 2010

I think people who like to smoke candy and listen to cigarettes will love it.

It occurred to me while I had Christmas music playing in my headphones while writing about genocide, torture and slavery that You're All I Want For Christmas has some fairly fucked up lyrics.

You're all I want for Christmas
All I want my whole life through
Each day is just like Christmas
Anytime that I'm with you

You're all I want for Christmas
And if all my dreams come true
Then I'll awake on Christmas mornin'
And find my stocking filled with you

(You're all I want for Christmas)


It's not just me, right? Regardless of whether I've been watching too much Castle or reading too much about murder and forced disappearance, right?

I spent all morning on my paper, and I am so glad I will turn that fucker in without knowing how many hours I spent on it. I know it's a lot, and knowing the actual number would only sadden me. I think I am maybe half-way done.

So then I had a somewhat leisurely lunch break involving leftover Thai, one of my shame shows (bonus points for a character insisting on using L'Occitane shampoo to wash the good wine glasses, not that she usually does the washing up) and last night's Daily Show. I have to recommend the whole show last night, though I'm not sure if it was really on or I was just so much more appreciative in light of my morning. Or maybe in between, but the whole thing is still worth watching, plus it was an interview that's only seen in-full on-online.

But in any case, the animated segment herein was really great:

The Daily Show With Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
The Gretch Who Saved the War on Christmas
www.thedailyshow.com
Daily Show Full EpisodesPolitical HumorThe Daily Show on Facebook

No comments: