Friday, July 10, 2009

I hid under your porch because I love you.

The last couple days in Brooklyn were spent in Park Slope. There were so many cute knick-knack places (admittedly out of my price range!) and yummy food and drink. Plus, drooling over the homes is an easy way to pass the time.



LOVE the mossy steps.



The main street in Park Slope (I think it was 7th?) has some really great buildings...



I think this one was a children's toy store? Really great, though...





All the streets with homes have wonderful trees, naturally. Apparently it's impossible to find a two-bedroom brownstone in Brooklyn for under half a million. I'm not saying I can't see why, but jesus.



We also stopped at Gorilla Coffee, and wowzers. We all three agreed that is some goddamn strong coffee. And we all had different drinks!



The rest of the evening was spent relaxing out and about...



We had fresh raw oysters at Sidecar, along with some damn yummy sandwiches. We finished the night at a really cool beer shop--and the owner was originally from Carrollton here in DFW!

It is a nice change of pace to be able to walk around and eat/drink great stuff, then be able to walk back home! Even in Tokyo and presumably soon in Boston, I'll still have to take a train (NOT that I'm complaining), but Brooklyn seems like a really great place to live. (Now to dig up half a million dollars...)

No comments: