Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Let's see if you bastards can do 90.

I have a hotel booked in Tokyo for the last week of the month for hanami season. The first thing that sort of alarms me is that they claim they'll charge fees if you don't show or cancel the day before. Typical, yes. But they never get a credit card number for you. Is Kenji going to come collecting?

And I got an email confirmation. My two favorite parts:

Thank you so much for your reservation.
Thank very much for your reservation.
We are pleased to confirm your reservation as follows..


Did we say thank you yet? It's cute. And even better and far more mysterious:

From the above-mentioned contents, if very well, please access the
following addresses. hear reservation until I have you access
-- it does not become precocious


Uh, god. I just hope they have a room with my name on it. We are staying at the Villa Fontaine Tokyo Mita. Wanted to stay in their Ueno location (Ueno is cherry blossom CENTRAL) but they were all booked. Der. This is in Tamachi, which is two stops from my old 'hood, Osaki, and is still on the Yamanote line. Score.

I opted for the Healing Room...they didn't have a Ladies Room available. What is a Ladies Room, you ask? I have no idea, except, as they say on their site:

The Ladies' Rooms attend to the needs of our female guests.
The rooms are stocked with amenities especially geared towards women.
We also provide special rich amenities for Ladies' Room exclusive use.


So apparently Clive Owen will be our personal chef while I watch Japanese TV? I don't know.

Haven't gotten the tickets yet, but those aren't important are they?

1 comment:

SkylersDad said...

"The Ladies' Rooms attend to the needs of our female guests.
The rooms are stocked with amenities especially geared towards women."

Hmmm, so I guess a burly massage guy named Sven to get those nasty kinks out is in order?