Tuesday, January 22, 2008

It's not everyday you find a girl who'll flash someone to get you out of detention.

How totally depressing.



I got a call around 4:30 today just as the story was breaking, as my friend was under the impression I was a huge fan. In truth, I am not, but I do think Heath Ledger is a really fine actor--he always did an incredible job even when the film itself was utter shit.

Case in point, what we've rented tonight:



10 Things I Hate About You; the first film I saw him in. In fairness, I'm equally crazy about Julia Stiles, and they both saved this film, which was tripe and barf.



A Knight's Tale. I'm dreading it already, but D says he has never seen it. How this is possible is beyond me, but I'm willing to believe him.



This came out during my last Christmas at the Angelika, where we had it on three goddamn screens and it was torn apart by audiences and critics alike. I have avoided Casanova til now.

It really is a shame, it looks as though his last performance as the Joker in The Dark Knight is going to be a really incredible one. (He was shooting a Terry Gilliam film currently, which is especially unfortunate for TG and his track record).

2 comments:

Veloute said...

Very depressing :(

Ellen Aim said...

Very! And he's two months older than I, which is a little weird to me.