Sunday, September 02, 2007

I see you have learned to work the Google on the internet machine.

Ah, sweet glorious weekend. I plan to do absolutely nothing. Well, aside from get my car's oil changed and hopefully make an even bigger dent in the bathroom tiles.



But in the past few days I've actually seen some movies and started a new series. The new series is Rome. Only two episodes in so it's hard to judge. It's entertaining though, and what more can one ask for.

Rented Blades of Glory, as I knew D wanted to see it and I guess I was vaguely curious since our friends Rob and Katie quote it relentlessly. It's really not my type of movie, but of that type, it's one of the ones I was most willing to try. If that makes sense. And you know what? It wasn't anywhere near as juvenile or homophobic as one might expect. It actually made me laugh more than once. I'm not saying I recommend it or would watch it again, but if you're in the mood for good stupid, check it out. I don't seek out Will Ferrell, but when the material is good he's quite funny.

The next movie was Double Happiness starring Sandra Oh. I had mentioned to Alex I was pretty sure I found her annoying, especially after the recent dips into Grey's Anatomy I'd taken. I was told no.



And I knew I might be confusing her annoying-ass characters with her as an actress, but I thought her character in Sideways wasn't annoying. And you know, the more I think about it, yeah, that was an annoying character. And Double Happiness was quite cute. As Alex put it, very 90s indie. Not that much going on in the originality department, but it was well done and nicely shot.



What blows is that I think I'm just about out of Netfux and tomorrow's a stupid holiday. Jeez. I'm definitely going to have to watch Inland Empire now.

No comments: