Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Everybody does it in America!

I love the randomness of the internet. And not just the fact that everyone comes here looking for "penis piercing," "penis snake," and "man with double penis." (I have no idea why that brings them here...they must be getting to page 18 on the Google and then clicking? So now I'm just doing my part to bump myself up by mentioning it ALL IN ONE POST.) But anyhoo, I was checking my stats on the site where I post film reviews, and my whole week is the usual low-numbered hits...except for Monday. Monday had an insane amount of hits.

This time last year, I had about a 6,000% increase in hits when imdb linked to my Ten Best St. Patrick's Day films. This time? Not only did no one link to anything, of all things, it's for Horror Express and nearly all of them found that article by google searching "cushing lee horror film." Did I miss something? Is there a giant film class out there researching this topic? Why did everyone and their dog suddenly, randomly search for this? Seriously, like 500 people looked at it yesterday. So weird.

But whatever racks the pennies up is okay by me.

4 comments:

SkylersDad said...

The "man with double penis" should be coming over my way. The management regrets any inconvenience...

Ellen Aim said...

I know! Especially with all those...uh, *wonderful* tattoo pics...you probably get a ton of penis-themed hits!!

Veloute said...

This amuses me greatly.

My most interesting hits are people looking for missing teeth and Full Metal Alchemist.

Ellen Aim said...

I often look on the internets for MY missing teeth. And some anime while I'm at it.