Many thanks to Jon Stewart and The Daily Show for the above line while they weren't discussing Paris Hilton.
That, and while discussing the new Olympic logo...
"I may not be a graphic designer, I may not know a lot about composition, your negative space, what have you...but I know what it looks like when a slot machine goes down on a stop sign!"
Ok, list time, freshly stolen from Julie Gong's blog.
INSTRUCTIONS: Remove the blog in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Then add your blog to the bottom slot, like so.
3) What Greg Likes
4) A Blog of a Good Time
5) Wine When Drunk From a Mug
Select five people to tag:
(Because three is the new five).
What were you doing 10 years ago?
Being a sophomore in college...doing audio editing in class...started working at Express in November for the first time...learning that actors are the worst sorts of boyfriends ever. (But then subsequently getting hired by The Pocket Sandwich Theatre in 1998 in a revenge move. HAHA, I got paid, fuck you! *cough*...)
What were you doing 1 year ago?
Looking for houses to buy, working blissfully in the most laid-back work environment ever and not appreciating it the way I would now.
Five snacks you enjoy:
1) fried pickles (duh)
2) nearly any kind of popcorn
4) big fat soft pretzels (the ones in the mall are the worst but I eat them anyway...all thin and crisp)
5) chocolate truffles, Godiva used to be my fave but they seem to be slipping? The hell's up with that? Really crazy about the local places here in DFW and of course, Vermont.
Five songs that you know all the lyrics to:
1) Punk Rock Girl--Dead Milkmen
2) The Boxer--Simon & Garfunkel
3) The Panda Song--Liam Lynch
4) Indie Rockin'--Common Rotation
5) Spider--They Might Be Giants
Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:
1) Open my own (*cough*, our own) retro theatre showing any damn movies we wanted, nothing new. All the candy and sodas would be retro and I'd get the university students to showcase their art/photography in the lobby and run student shorts/cartoons or whathaveyou before the films.
2) Once a week when I ate out I would randomly pick a table and pay for their shit anonymously. I've always wanted to do that.
3) Have a "Friday" car and it would be my Streets of Fire car. (I can't find a picture so clearly you'll just have to watch the film).
4) Write plays and put them on at whatever venue locally and if there was a role for a male in them, he'd get killed 20 minutes in and just be a body the rest of the show. Or there'd be eight minuscule male roles and everyone would get to be on stage for 2 minutes. (Not to come across as bitter regarding roles for women in plays...)
5) Have someone make me this Halloween costume. Though I'm not saying I would buy the boobs, however much one needs them to make this outfit work. Just sayin'.
(EllenAim now in doll form! Wtf?)
Five bad habits:
1) Drinking beer too slowly, therefore getting tired and choosing to go to bed instead of waiting up for my husband.
2) Catching up on old Daily Shows/Colbert Reports instead of getting through my Netfux crap.
3) Not eating well AT ALL and not exercising
4) Not taking pictures more often
5) Throwing money away like a little bitch
Five things you like doing:
1) Reading in the yard and drinking wine
2) Getting off work early on Wednesdays and hitting $1 Margarita afternoons while thinking to myself, "I should still be at work right now."
4) Finding out I have more money than I thought I did
5) Singing along very loudly in the car
Five things you would never wear again:
1) anything from my mink collection
2) rolled up denim shorts
3) cheap perfume
4) a look of contentment while at work
5) a trophy boyfriend
Five favorite toys:
(This smacks of being vaguely inappropriate but since my parents read this I'll keep it clean).
1) my spa (it counts)
2) my Atari, but it's out of order at the mo'
3) all our old Commodore 64 games. would kill to play those again.
4) my wine rack. I like to fill it up.
5) Anything with feathers I can taunt Bourdain with and make him jump five feet in the air. The flamingo pen wipes him OUT.