Monday, February 13, 2012

That's why he doesn't have any enemies--only his friends hate him.

I always wake up to NPR on the radio. I often listen and/or continue to sleep, which can make for interesting dreams. (And the occasional confusion during the day where I have to wonder if certain current events actually happened.) The past two mornings' lead stories have been alternating between Whitney Houston and the ongoing problems in Syria and I'm surprised it hasn't yielded stranger dreams. How disappointing.

On the other hand, the lead story on Sunday (Sunday is very hit or miss, it's usually so awful it makes me leap out of bed to make it go away) was that the U.N. had just declared Honduras the most violent country in the world, largely stemming from "the military coup that ousted a democratically elected government." That sentence right there is basically the entire basis for my oral argument that's coming down in a few days. Thank you, NPR, for making me want to vomit mere moments after waking me up. You're the best.

No comments: