Wednesday, February 01, 2012

The flight to Cuba...was that 0600...in the morning?

So I did not get to see The Daily Show. I had a lot of work to do and I waited to see who the guest would be...it was some corporate law professor from Yale Law School who, now that I've seen it on TV, seemed as though he lost a bet in being on there in the first place.

Oh but tonight? Tonight the guest is Brad Pitt. NATURALLY.

But I have clinic classes on Wednesday so that was just never an option.

On the plus side I think I have to go to some awkward people-auction thing tomorrow night briefly for my colleague's marathon sponsorship thing. Mostly I will drink and feel bad for acquaintances being auctioned off and leave as soon as possible.

And next week I am going with Friend L to a bridal salon to check out various gowns that may or may not help her in deciding if her favorite pick will ultimately work out. I have decided that this is probably a good litmus test if you were unsure if you liked someone or not. Obviously I wasn't wondering, but it occurred to me because I am looking forward to it! It will be fun (not to mention new territory for me) and I can't wait to see how the gowns work out. I would post a pic of the favorite dress at the moment, but I'm not sure what the rules are there.

Otherwise, I'm just pecking away at two clients' cases (well, three, but the third is on hold for a couple weeks) and the international competition coming up in 2 1/2 weeks. And we're just getting actual substantive feedback for the first time tomorrow. I will spend the time thinking of other words for "shit show."

The stress is manageable, although D did ask me the other day what I wanted to do after graduation. (Meaning, I assume, where did I want to practice, work, serve fries?) The predicament (family in Texas, uncharmed by my current state, continued interest in international law (best suited to D.C., good luck), still having to figure out where to take the bar) remains the same, I have no news for him. No offense to D, but that question has taken on a whole new level of stress I never imagined while loathing it at university.

The job thing should make these decisions easier, not harder. Alas.

No comments: