Sunday, February 26, 2012

I believe in two things: discipline and the Bible. Here you'll receive both. Put your trust in the Lord; your ass belongs to me. Welcome to Shawshank.

Hugo snags the first two, cinematography and art direction. Hmm. Ah, but The Artist comes back with costume design! I'm not feeling super-passionate about most of the categories tonight, but given my choices, I'm happy to support The Artist, particularly for Best Actor. (Even though Gary Oldman is nominated, I know, I know, what's wrong with me.)

Dammit, we still have to watch A Separation, Friend L! That was the first of only two sure wins tonight. (Christopher Plummer will be the second.)

Ohhhhhhhhhh, and Jessica Chastain is the silly blonde from The Help, in addition to being in Tree of Life. She got around this year, apparently. (I mentioned her in a lower post--she's got one of my fave dresses of the night.)

Aw yay, Octavia Spencer wins Best Supporting Actress! (I'm 3 for 3 and that one was a win.) She's all verklempt!



Great dress, too, though this photo fails to capture the detail.

No comments: