Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Are there drugs here I don't know about?

I really hope my summer plans work out, since I seem to mostly have put my one big egg in my one really tiny basket. I checked the materials I mailed overseas, since I registered them, and found:

Your item left the United States from ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) at 7:29 am on November 13, 2010.

Which I thought was kinda cute. My item has left the country! Safe travels, item!

So I was annoyingly sick for 8 days mid-November. I never get sick, and wow, does that suck. It's ok for a couple days because you can catch up on movies and you don't feel too bad about just lying there not moving. But by the time the second weekend approaches, it's like, um, ok, I've got shit to work on, you know? And then bam, one morning you wake up better. So that was nice to FINALLY get over. And no, mom, it was not Cape Town Plague. ;)

I didn't get to see anything too terribly awesome. First I watched Date Night because I knew it was supposed to be mediocre, but I figured it had to be good for some laughs. Plus, Tina Fey, good times, why not?



Oh sigh. So did you know? you can't just put 2 people in a movie, say, "Go!" and hope for the funny. No. You cannot. Because someone DID that here, and hey whoa, it did not work. I would have turned it off halfway through but I think the remote was just out of reach. It wasn't wretched, just such a colossal waste of time and talent.

Then I moved on to 9 1/2 Weeks, which I had somehow never managed to see before. It certainly holds up fairly well, considering how 1986 it is.



It's not the jaw-droppingly steamy number I'm sure it was in 1986, but it still has its moments. Good bonus points for the obvious fun that someone had coming up with food sex scenes and playing with the lighting. I also though the psychological aspect of the film worked pretty well and was really interesting. So that was surprisingly entertaining...



Hee hee, couldn't help it, sorry.

After that it was just some TV, some Californication, Being Human and Paradise Kiss.

And now hopefully I won't get sick again for another fifteen years! Kthxbai.

No comments: