Friday, October 22, 2010

You gotta chase the rabbit if you want the tail!

Wow! So I really enjoyed The Town! Nicely done!



Now here's the thing--it wasn't til I was thinking about the movie for a while after seeing it that it even occurred to me how unoriginal it is--I mean, it doesn't even pretend it's gonna do anything new. But it does what it does so well! It has a lot of great touches. Also, it looks great, it has great action, and it's VERY, VERY Boston!

And you know, I also have to say--it's one of those movies that I think really needs to be seen in the theater. It's shot really well, it's got some GREAT suspenseful moments (not because you don't know what's going to happen, but the camera work and editing makes it tense).

And it was also so cool to recognize more than half the places they shot! Bonus points for shooting at Grendel's Den! ;) I remember seeing them shooting at Dunkin Donuts one night when I got out of school (though I don't recall seeing it in the movie tonight), which figures. You know, that I'd see them shooting a Ben Affleck scene instead of a Jon Hamm scene. ;)



(Speaking of which, Mad Men season finale, anyone!? WTF??!)

Anyway. Back to The Town. I would also like to say--Blake Lively can apparently do a really great skeezy, white trash Boston chick.



NOT that I watch Gossip Girl, so I can't tell you what a funny 180 it was to see.

And you know what? I didn't even mind Ben Affleck in this. And after this and Gone, Baby, Gone, I have to say...as a director, the man is clearly doing something very, very right.

No comments: