Sunday, May 29, 2011

We had a sick night, bitches.



Ok, never mind as to whether this trailer looks awful or not. The point is there was no "red band" warning before the one I saw! They seem to be a lot more liberal about what's ok for trailers here in Europe! It's great but Cameron Diaz letting out an oh-so-casual "fuck my ass" totally startled the shit out of me!

I wish I didn't think Justin Timberlake was funny...he could be enough to justify a screening.

Anyway, what I was seeing was not a whole lot better...I went to see The Hangover II.



Whoops, that's not quite right, how did that get there...



Ok, that's the movie I saw. And frankly, it was just what I needed it to be. Mostly entertaining and borderline juvenile. I obviously wouldn't say I recommend it. (But was very stoked to note that Bridesmaids comes out here June 22. Woot! X-Men and the final Potter are coming out in a more timely fashion, yay.)

But Hangover II had some good laughs. It can be hard to watch comedies here, however, since the subtitles often hit before the dialogue, so people are laughing in weird spots to my mind. I actually missed a line once.

9.50EU for a movie, sigh. Everything here is ridiculous.

Another small annoyance--you can seemingly only buy your ticket from an ATM-esque machine and you have to have a card to do so. I had to ask the ticket-taker wtf. Apparently if you want to use cash you have to get it from the popcorn guy. Everyone and their goddamn dog was there today, however, so that sort of sucked ass. They all seemed to be watching Pirates of the Caribbean Part Pi, based on the 3D glasses being handed out.

Also, they assign the seating, of which I am not a fan. I forgot about this little quirk, so I got my happy ass assigned to the back row, no shit. The auditorium had a decent slope to it, however, so it ended up being ok, except for getting people assigned on either side of me, too. To be fair, it was a fairly packed show. But from now on, I have to remember to ASK not to get stuck in the dipshit back row... And there was no way you could go back...it was like 3 flights up and if you go back down you can't get back to the front, you are forced outside by design. Really crap.

Wow, that sure was a lot of bitching, huh? Well I did a little dress shopping prior to showtime to kill an hour, and here's one last complaint: the dressing rooms here are an epic fail. Yeah, they don't have MIRRORS in them. So you have to come out if you want to see how ugly something may or may not be. This was in multiple stores. And in one store, the woman was just standing nearby, so each time it was, "Do you like it? Why not?" I SAID I DON'T KNOW LEAVE ME ALONE.

And wow, I thought Dutch girls would have pretty big bums, too, but if they do, they do not shop there. The dresses were either too expensive (45EU for the cutest one I found, but it was not 45EU cute) or too short: it fit everywhere except one place, meaning I would not be able to walk or sit down without flashing cheek.

But otherwise, I got to watch an enjoyable movie and had an easy day. Back to work tomorrow. :/ (Not that work isn't also awesome, but I finished my project on Friday and I hate that feeling like I won't have enough to do.)

No comments: