Monday, August 10, 2009

You... just... know.

Hooray! I FINALLY got off my ass and watched Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.



Alan Rickman made everyone in my theatre giggle with his awesomeness, most notably on the subject line.

I enjoyed it more as it went along, which was nice since often they feel rushed towards the end. It goes without saying I enjoy them most when I am not fresh off a reading of the book. But ever since the 3rd movie, they've been doing a fairly decent job, all things considered. (The first two movies simply don't exist--and yes, I'm looking at you, Chris Columbus.)



I also don't want to jinx it, since the first few scenes with the kids were still kinda painful, but Emma Watson is doing much better than usual. Some of it really can be chalked up to bad lines, but not all of it...

3 comments:

Veloute said...

Oh man. I guess I will probably cave and see this at some point. I do adore Alan Rickman.

Ellen Aim said...

I don't know if you plan on letting the girls ever watch the movies, but the end of this one has the Inferi (the dead people in the water) and they're pretty freaky.

alex said...

I just saw this on Sunday, too! LOVED Alan Rickman in this. Everytime he came on screen I grinned uncontrollably because-- because, goddammit, he is just SO COOL. Even in a Wig of Wrong.

Though I have to disagree... poor Emma was still pretty bad. The chica hangs out with Alan Rickman, Maggie Smith, Michael Gambon, Helena Bonham Carter--ET AL--and she's somehow not cowed into ramping up her game? wth?