Wednesday, October 31, 2007
Ahhh, so you found your father's old stag movies, didn't ya?
So Veloute asked me to do up my list of my favorite horror movies. That could be a pretty long list, so I think it might be better in chunks. (No pun intended). First up, to get them out of the way, the gems from my generation. The obvious group, really. This would be anything from the 70s, 80s and 90s...and only one from current releases, as it turns out...it's hard not to put 60s stuff on there...but that will have to be a later list.
And I'm not including thriller-type stuff, like Silence of the Lambs, Seven, etc. even though those may be some scary-ass movies. And these are my personal faves, so there are a few on there strictly for laughs and nostalgia, like #16.
If it's bold, it's Top Ten Material!
25 CLASSICS (for those of us in our late twenties to early thirties?)
1. Halloween (Totally).
2. The Fog (1980)
3. Black Christmas (1974)
4. Cujo (I kinda blame this movie for me never really liking dogs).
5. The Descent (yes, the only one from recent years worthy enough to make the cut!)
6. Re-Animator (ah, truly memorable scenes, this one).
7. Ginger Snaps
9. The Thing
10. An American Werewolf In London (best opening ever)
11. The Exorcist (remastered)
12. Creepshow (ROACHES!!!!!!)
13. Fright Night (the guy who plays Evil is currently doing gay porn, and lots of it!)
14. From Dusk Til Dawn
15. Lost Boys
17. Carrie (to date, my best-ever Halloween costume)
18. The Shining
20. Silver Bullet
21. Terror Train
22. DeadAlive (aka Braindead) (no shit, hands down perhaps the goriest movie ever made)
24. The Fly
25. Tenebre (Argento)
And really, it's an incomplete list, after all, I've never seen CHUD, The Howling, it goes on. And go ahead and let me have it, I was never a big Evil Dead fan. Bite me. I debated about Saw, I probably need to see it again, but for now? Meh.
1. Session 9
2. The Nightmare Before Christmas (really have to be in the mood for this one, but there's nothing like it!)
3. Deep Red