Saturday, February 20, 2010

You're an aquired taste, babe.

I'm gonna come right out and say it: I think Evgeny Plushenko is a whiny little bitch.

And it's not because an American finally won the first Gold (for men's figure skating) since 1988 or that Evan Lysacek is, quite frankly, pretty easy on the eyes.



I genuinely thought it was a better performance. (And apparently, it's not on youtube so you'll just hafta take my word.) I mean, why the hell would you do the quad if it wasn't going to get you any more points and you were pretty sure it and a previously-broken ankle would take your ass down?

Regardless, during the medal ceremony, Plushenko just looked so bored and pissy. Running off and bitching that, "It's supposed to be men's figure skating, not ice dancing," really makes you look...well, like a total asshole. Way to go, dude.

2 comments:

SkylersDad said...

Yeah, I agree. Plushenko pretty much said if you don't do the quad you aren't a man.

Ellen Aim said...

All I know is someone needed to offer that man a tampon.